Monday, June 25, 2012

Eugenia

Good evening,
 I've been absent for a while, the reason for which being very sad. My Grandmother Eugenia passed away last week. She used to be a very special person for me and for everyone who knew her. Born in St Petersburg she always was fascinated by literature and poetry, especially Pushkin and Yesenin, as well as music, art... We could phone her any time of the day and hum a melody from an opera or ballet and she would name its composer. She survived World War II, used to travel a lot with my late Grandfather, who was an officer. She was very fashionable, intelligent, caring, loving, extremely energetic till the very last moment.. my last grandparent, whom I loved dearly. Granny also had a soft spot for all sweet things, especially cakes and fruit, she had an excellent sense of humour. I'm sharing this with you, because I thought you needed to know how beautiful and special she was.
  I'd really love it if you went and gave a hug to your grandparents!

My Granny Eugenia

xxx
Daria

4 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear of your grandmothers passing. I wish I had my grandparents to hug too, but they are sadly not with us any more. This is such a beautiful illustration of her and a lovely dedication. Lots of hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Such a beautiful dedication to your grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got the goosebumps when reading this! I really would love to give my grandparents a hug, but they live so far away:( beautiful illustration and such good memories you have of her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Picture Of your Granny Eugenia, Best wishes xx

    ReplyDelete